Saturday, April 10, 2010

I KNOW SHE IS HER FATHER'S DAUGHTER WHEN...

Her eyes are glued to the television. She is watching a conservation show on how to save the sharks. Her eyes grow big with excitement when she sees a man wrestle a shark. Her eyes are even more big as she sees a man reach out and hold a puffer fish. Then she exclaims, "Mom, I want to do that." I say, "Your Dad will be so excited. He would love to have a scuba diving partner." She said, "When can I?" I say, "Let me look it up on internet to see how old you will have to be. Oh, it says at least eight years old." She said, "You mean after I am baptized I can." I said, "Yep, it looks like it." She bursts into tears and says, "I can't wait that long to swim with sharks. It will take forever!" Poor girl.(I didn't want to burst her bubble further by saying, she would not be allowed to swim with sharks until she was an adult, but we will take it one heart break at a time.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So so sooo cute. I love that little girl! She has so many dreams and I can't wait to see her accomplish them all! =)