Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A FUN, COLD, UNNECESSARY WALK.

Well, yesterday we ran out of milk. I asked Nate to pick some up on the way back from a friends home. He said he would. He forgot. I could of asked a friend to pick me some up while she was at the store. I thought about it but didn't. I told Nate that MJ wasn't going to be able to survive with out her milk. I woke up early. MJ woke up and wanted milk. I got Sierra's three wheeler and the stroller and walked to the nearest convience store a mile plus away. I wasn't prepared for the cold wind. When we rounded the final bend to the store Sierra said, "Mom, it is freezing. Why did we walk? Why couldn't we take the car?" I said, "Because Daddy took the car to school." She said, "No he didn't mom, I saw it while we were walking." Yes, folks Nate was kind and took the bus, so I could take the car to get milk and I walked past my own car without realizing it.
However, we got to go and visit this little lady on the way back from the store. Isn't she beautiful? Good job Sarah. Sarah let me hold her for a long time and she was so fun to hold. I always forget how tiny newborns are. She has such a perfect little head and face. She was so alert and smiley. She has so much hair, by the time she is MJ's age she will be sporting ponytails. She was just perfect.
MJ decided to fight over a toy with this little guy. They are only a few weeks apart. I remember saying to Sarah, right about the time we leave they will be playing together. Now they are both in nursery together and so grown up. Sigh, time passes to quickly.

3 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

Don't you just hate when you do stuff like that? I do and I seem to do it a lot. Loved the pictures of the bbq and the beautiful little faces.

Jessica said...

Cute baby. I would have done the same thing and walked past my own car. How sweet of Nate to think of you and leave it.

Sarah Keith said...

Thank you so much for coming over even though you didn't have to walk! I love you and appreciate you so much! MJ is so so cute! Thanks for the cereal! I hope you have a wonderful time in UT! Let us all know about the Colorado job!