Sunday, April 11, 2010

SPRING DRESSES

I found MJ's dress at a thrift store with its tags still on it, for two dollar. It was sleeveless. I sewed the sleeves on. Maybe, something they said in Conference or maybe I am just growing up or maybe my children are just growing up, but I guess it is time to stop wearing sleeveless dresses. Sierra is too old to wear sleeveless now and she doesn't understand why she can't when MJ does, so it is just easier. I like how the dress turned out. It is a little big for her, but is should fit her all summer. I don't know why but everytime I look at her I think of Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music, maybe its the dress or her short hair, not sure.
I think it is impossible to photograph an eighteen month old. She wouldn't hold still or look my direction. She just wanted to balance on this wall. Yes, CC taught her how.
I couldn't even get a natural smile out of CC. But overall a success. I got a picture of the girls in their spring dresses.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Love the dresses, both my girls owned the one that CC has on, and I loved it. Now they have outgrown them. I wish I was as creative as you, I wouldn't know where to start, to add sleeves to a dress. So cute!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

oh my! i can't believe you found that dress at a thrift store! I love it :) also, sierra's hair looks amazing!!!

Katrina said...

That last picture of Sierra is SO cute, she looks like she could be in an magazine:) good job with the sleeves, growing up in california its one of the only things i know how to do when it comes to sewing.

Sarah Keith said...

SO SO SO PRECIOUS!