Monday, April 12, 2010

GO GREEN.


Okay, if there is one person in politics that I admire right now it is Paul Ryan. I posted a video about him earlier. He makes sense he knows the issues. He talks numbers and not drama. He is a fact man. If you really want to have someone talk in clear phrases then go to his site, here it is. Also, maybe I am biased but here is another man running for congress that makes a lot of sense.

I didn't know this before my brother-in-law started his campaign for congress but a really easy way to get involve and make a difference is to become a delegate. Delegates determine who is awarded the republican or democratic nomination, depending on whether you are a republican or democratic delegate, for a given area. As I talked to several delegates from Utah, I realized, that at least on the list I was given, there are very few woman delegates and no young (25-40 year old) mothers. My goal is to move, register to vote, and become a delegate. Why aren't there more good Christian woman with a voice? I want my voice to be heard. There was one old woman I talked to and this was our conversation...

OLD WOMAN: Okay, tell me about this man who is running for congress.
ME: Well he went to graduate school at Carnegie Melon University. He then worked as a financial analyst for Conoco Philips for a few years. His Dad had a heart attack, so he moved back to Southern Utah to assist his father in running his business.
OLD WOMAN: What was the business?
ME: Commercial Real Estate.
OLD WOMAN: No, you can't have my vote. If he was in commercial real estate he should have known the economy was collapsing and done something about it.
ME: That doesn't make sense. He felt the brunt of the economic collapse like all of us. He was in commercial real estate because of any knowledge he had of the future of the economy he was there to help his father. He wasn't in politics then and wasn't making decisions that effected the economy.
OLD WOMAN: Where did you say he was from?(Knew I was right so she had to change the subject.)
ME: Santa Clara, he grew up in that area and lives there now.
OLD WOMAN: I don't vote for anyone not from Utah.
ME: Santa Clare is in Utah.
OLD WOMAN: I thought you said Santa Clara, California. Where is Santa Clara? I didn't know there was one in Utah.
ME: Yes, it is next to St. George.

Sigh. Really? Come on. Lady are these the most important issues to you? How about, how does he feel about government spending?

Our children are going to be the ones most effected by what is going on in Washington right now. If you want to make a difference, become a delegate. This is just one way you can contribute. (P.S. Thanks to Jesse for the picture I used to make the poster. Love ya.)

No comments: