Saturday, April 17, 2010

TALENT SHOW

Well, several weeks ago Sierra asked me about the "Castle on a Cloud" song. She said she remembered it and wanted to learn how to sing it. I was tickled. Remember back about nine months ago I took her to Les Miserable and I thought it was a bad idea, maybe it wasn't after all. We looked it up on YouTube. She watched the video over and over again. The more she learned, the more she wanted to share. In the elevator or just on the street she would point to a random stranger and whisper, "I want to sing my song to them," and then launch in singing. I tried not to show my mild embarrassment. (My embarrasement was not for her lack of talent, just for the unusualness of the situation and the sometime ackward reaction of the stranger.)

Anyway, it was announced that there was going to be a ward talent show. She asked if she could sing her song. Of course I encouraged her, I want to encourage her in every new thing she wants to try, but I didn't think she would go through with it.

Well, today she wanted to practice over and over again. She then wanted me to video it, so she could compare it to the video on YouTube and see where she messed up. Her idea not mine at all. Sometimes I can't believe she is four. I videoed it for her several time. We never did get a perfect take. Then we went to the church. I wasn't fully convienced that she was going to get up. She has never gotten up one time to give her part or even stood to sing in any primary presentation. She loves to play shy for some reasong. (Deep down I know it is an act, but sometimes she is very conviencing.) Anyway, I read a children's story and she got up right after me. She was amazing. I am not just saying that because she is my daughter. She was amazing. I mean she sang at the perfect speed, she got every word perfectly, and from what I know of music most of the notes. She didn't twist her shirt, or play with her hair, or spin her broom around. Some of the comments I got were, "There is no other word to describe her performance other than precious." "I am sorry, but your daughter blew you out of the water." "Wow, I taught voice to young children and for being four she is really good." Anyway, this post is way too long but I just love her so much and feel so blessed to have her as my daughter. I wish I could have vidoed her live but here are some of our fun bloopers and one of her singing it all but super fast and with Madison pushing the stoller through the picture. Enjoy.

TAKE 1 I love this little girls laugh.

TAKE 2 Love the little side-kick

TAKE 3 Mom what's my part? Hilarious

TAKE 4Madison went into the kitchen and retrieved the mop and came to join her sister.

TAKE 5 Now we have to start back.

TAKE 6Wow turbo. Madison what are you doing again?
She is so precious. I could go on and on.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I just want to hug her! She could play cosette on Broadway! Good Job Sierra!!!! =)

Sarah Keith said...

It was so so so adorable!

Katrina said...

she is SO cute! i hope there is a drama program in whatever school she attends:)

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Adorable! C loves that song and sings it all the time too! So fun!

Jessica said...

Oh she is cute, I could just keep her! You definitely deserve to be proud of her!!!