Wednesday, April 7, 2010

WHY?

When Nate and I were engaged we went to California, so I could meet Nate's family. While there, he took me on a tour of his life and our first stop was his to his elementary school. I saw some familar stand-alone, hang-bars. I mentioned in my youth I had been able to do a back flip on those bars. I said, "I bet I could still do it." He said to go ahead. I fliped backwards, fell off and hit my head. I was mortified and far more embarrassed than hurt. Nate was kind and helped me up and never mentioned it again. As a matter of fact, years later I brought up the incident and he swore he couldn't remember it. Good Man.

Well, the other day Sierra was doing flips off the back of the couch. I thought I would impress her with my skills. Oh, yeah. I flipped off the back of the couch backwards, slipped and fell on my knees, leaving me with two very skinned knees. Ouch. They hurt. I don't remember skinned knees hurting nearly as bad or for nearly as long. It must be old age.

7 comments:

Katrina said...

i won't even know how to attempt a flip so you are doing much better than i:)

Paul and Em said...

I have to admit that I laughed.....
You supposed to be teaching your daughter not to hurt herself!

Hayley and Josh said...

Ha ha hahahahha!!

Thanks for the laugh.

needtoknow said...

um, Lisa how is that even possible? arent you to big?

Caroline Craven said...

Your post made me laugh, and so did "needtoknow's" comment. I love that Nate has a selective memory on this one. Kent happens to also have a selective memory, but it doesn't always work in my favor. Thanks for the laugh and lots of love to you and your family!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

haha, I love this post!!! When I was in High School, my cheer advisor could still do a backhandspring (she had 3 kids) and I though "That's how I want to be". But alas, I wouldn't even dare try one today!!! You are much more brave than me :)

Tam said...

Lisa.... I love you! You make me laugh.